With the availability of electronic money (Mobile Money, Cards etc.) the
culture of carrying physical cash to church service is gradually changing. A quick journey with a church member, who easily pays her tithe from her monthly salary, will amaze you.
1. Join the church on its’s mobile app and clicks on the donate button.
2. Enters the amount and selects his preferred processor.
3. Complete the necessary details (eg. pin) and clicks “Pay”, the money instantly transferred into the churches bank account.
3. Church leader/Admin can see it instantly on an Admin dashboard on Asoriba, and can then pray for the member or wait till Sunday.
Comparing this to what currently happens:
1. Member goes to the bank.(Probably picks a car or drives there, time & fuel used)
2. Withdraws cash and place it in an envelope.
3. Waits till Sunday. (Between the period, he may use that money)
4. Deposits it in the offertory bowl and is prayed for.
5. His details is recorded (Prone to error, by the way Some churches don’t do this)
6. After church, money is counted at the back office ( Issues of error and theft may occur)
7. On Monday or Tuesday, money is sent to the bank and banked.
8. Wait till the end of the month to get a bank statement.
Clearly, the benefits and statics of going electronic as a church today is so glaring, however, the most exciting part of it is that, it’s going to happen all over the world.
The Asoriba Team
Effective church management & seamless member engagement.
Call +233-242-561793 | +233-249-176736